Embark on a captivating 7-night holiday to Kerala from the UK. Explore the serene backwaters, lush tea plantations, and pristine beaches of this enchanting Indian state. Immerse yourself in the rich culture, savor delicious South Indian cuisine, and indulge in rejuvenating Ayurvedic treatments. Discover the beauty of Munnar, Kumarakom, Alleppey, and Cochin as you cruise through the backwaters, visit ancient temples, and witness breathtaking sunsets. Experience the warmth and hospitality of Kerala while creating unforgettable memories on this exotic getaway.
- 07 Nights
- Staying at 4-star Hotel
- Flying from London airports, Supplements apply from other airports
- Secure your holiday with a low deposit of £99pp
- Can be customized upon request, to meet travelers needs
- Return Flights From London
- Hand & Check In Luggage
- 07 Nights Stay at 4-Star Hotel
- Airport Transfers
- Payable Taxes at Destination
Here's a suggestive itinerary for a 7-night holiday in Kerala from the UK:
Day 1: Arrival in Kochi
- Fly from the UK to Kochi (also known as Cochin), Kerala's major gateway city.
- Arrive in Kochi and transfer to your hotel.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the city's historic attractions, such as Fort Kochi, the Chinese Fishing Nets, and the Mattancherry Palace.
- In the evening, enjoy a Kathakali dance performance, a traditional form of dance-drama unique to Kerala.
Day 2: Kochi Sightseeing
- Start the day with a visit to Jew Town in Mattancherry, known for its antique shops and the Paradesi Synagogue.
- Explore the spice markets and vibrant streets of the city.
- Take a relaxing sunset cruise on the backwaters of Kochi, enjoying the scenic views and local life.
Day 3: Munnar
- Travel to Munnar, a picturesque hill station known for its tea plantations and stunning landscapes.
- Visit the tea gardens and learn about the tea-making process.
- Explore the Eravikulam National Park, home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr.
- Enjoy the serene beauty of the Mattupetty Dam and the Kundala Lake.
- Overnight stay in Munnar.
Day 4: Thekkady
- Head to Thekkady, famous for the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Embark on a boat safari on the Periyar Lake to spot wildlife, such as elephants, tigers, and a variety of bird species.
- Visit a spice plantation and learn about the aromatic spices grown in the region.
- Enjoy a traditional Ayurvedic massage for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Overnight stay in Thekkady.
Day 5: Alleppey Backwaters
- Drive to Alleppey and embark on a houseboat cruise through the scenic backwaters.
- Enjoy the tranquility of the backwaters, passing by lush green paddy fields, coconut groves, and local villages.
- Indulge in delicious Keralan cuisine prepared by the onboard chef.
- Spend the night on the houseboat, drifting along the peaceful backwaters.
Day 6: Kumarakom
- Disembark from the houseboat in Kumarakom, another enchanting backwater destination.
- Visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, home to a wide variety of migratory and resident bird species.
- Relax at a luxury resort by the backwaters, enjoying the serene surroundings.
- Take a sunset cruise or indulge in traditional Ayurvedic treatments.
- Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Day 7: Kovalam
- Travel to Kovalam, a popular beach destination in Kerala.
- Relax on the golden sands of the Kovalam beach and soak up the sun.
- Visit the iconic lighthouse and enjoy panoramic views of the coastline.
- Enjoy water activities like swimming or surfing.
- In the evening, indulge in a rejuvenating Ayurvedic massage.
- Overnight stay in Kovalam.
Day 8: Departure
- Check out from your hotel.
- Transfer to Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Airport for your return flight to the UK.
This itinerary provides a glimpse into the diverse experiences Kerala has to offer. You can customize it based on your interests and the duration of your stay. Kerala is known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning landscapes, Ayurvedic treatments, and warm hospitality, ensuring a memorable holiday experience.